Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day
Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated in The United States and Canada. It is a day to give thanks for the harvest and blessings. It is celebrated on the 4th Thursday of November in the United States of America. In 1621, it was the year there first harvest proved successful, Pilgrims and Wampanoag Indians gathered around to enjoy the first Thanksgiving. For about two centuries, only the colonies celebrated Thanksgiving until Abraham Lincoln proclaimed Thanksgiving to be held every November. Thanksgiving lasted about 3 days straight eating all that they had harvested. Because they didn’t have ovens or sugar their meals did not consist of pies, cakes, or other desserts.


12 Things I am Thankful for
1.   Being alive
2.   Having a home
3.   My family
4.   My friends
5.   Life lessons
6.   A good school
7.   How wise I’ve become
8.   People from my past
9.   My coach
10.    My team
11.   Opportunities I am given  

12.    God 

No comments:

Post a Comment